Sunday, July 8, 2007

I made it to England... Alive!

Yes it's true... I'm here, writing to you from a little land called Londontown. Word on the street was that it's been raining like crazy here in London (when is it not though?) but when I arrived, it was sunny and beautiful.

So...for a while I was a bit concerned that I wouldn't actually ever make it into the country, and after all of this excitement and preparation, the tour wouldn't happen. Why? Well, because apparently the English don't like Americans oming here to tour... so, customs gave me hell (firing off lots of questions) but eventually I made it through, guitar in hand, ready to play. Has Ben made it yet though? I have no clue... still haven't heard from him! But alas, I plan to see him tomorrow in Plymouth.

Today was quite fun. I went off to do a bit of wandering around, and met up with my old friend Claudia Kennaugh, a great vocalist from London. (Check out her new band at at Myspace.com/Solenca!) Say hello to Claudia...

Claudia!


Claudia showed me around a pretty excellent market/event where there were a ton of artists displaying and selling art, crazy decorated cars, scantily clad burlesque dancers, and some interesting music. I took some photos to share the fun...

Car and Art Festival?



Awesome kid with heavy machinery.


Hello.




We hung around this little festival for quite a while, but then I got a bit freaked out by some homemade voodoo-lookin' dolls that were for sale, and decided to leave...
These are scary


Check in tomorrow! Hopefully I'll have found Mr. Thornewill by then in Plymouth.

-Seth

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is 1 FUN orange volvo!